As we head into the winter months, we start to see the possibility of snow in our forecast. Here is some information that will help you in the case of changes to the school schedule.
If there is a change to the school schedule (cancellation of school or a late start), we will notify you in the following ways:
- KIRO 7 and KING 5 News will list Holy Rosary on the banner, along with specifics. We have had a difficult time getting it changed to reflect Fife, so it will likely say Holy Rosary – Tacoma.
- It will be posted to our Facebook account, so if you don’t follow us, you should. 🙂 Our FB address is: facebook.com/HolyRosaryFife/
- Families will receive a text through the Renweb text alert system. It comes from text 31706 and starts with “HRBA:” We have sent several texts this year already, so if you have not received any, check in with Ms. Nina at the office to make sure your information is correct.
- We will likely also send out a Smore newsletter, depending on the situation.
Here are a few important notes
- If snow begins while we are in school and it appears like it will be an issue, we will notify you via Renweb Text Alert and email. Please make your way to the school as soon as possible, but drive safely!
- We do our best to make the right call for the conditions, but it can be tricky staying ahead of the forecast and making sure it is accurate.
- Each family must make their own decision if they are going to venture out in snow/ice, depending on your own specific conditions. Your safety is the most important thing to consider!
- Also, we have families coming from all over…Gig Harbor, Roy, Buckley, Graham, and even Burien…so the conditions vary greatly depending on the individual drive.
- If there is a late start, that means that there will be NO morning Extended Care and drop off begins at 9:45 am (school will start at 10 am).
- We do our best to make the call as early as possible to give the most notice so that you can make necessary arrangements for your work, but sometimes things happen later than we would like.
- Thank you for your understanding. Sometimes these calls are easy to make and other times, they depend on the information we have at the time…which can change.